searching the extrodinary in something ordinary

Friday, April 25, 2008

So two weeks has passed since my last post. But am i even keeping count. I am surprised that anyone even comes here anymore but hello *waves* and thanks for visiting and commenting Shirley and Yang and the others that i might not know off ke ke ke. I really think its time for me to revamp this whole blogging thing. I was juggling with the idea of starting a fresh new blog, clean slate and nicer and more organized. But then well somehow things just happens to crop up and at least 2/3 of my week will be filled with being out somewhere doing something and being home just in time to do a little reading and going to sleep and the rest i am so dead tired.

As it is to get things going, i have resorted to carrying my camera with me to work and where ever i go just so i dont miss photo taking opportunities of interesting things as well as reminding myself on what i plan on writing. But so far i haven't been taking that many pictures and i havent even posted any of them. So let me start off by showing some food picture.

Now besides the whole blog thing. I have also resoluted to go try out new food place than being boring and going to the same old place over and over again. Really trying my hardest to spice up my life where possible. So last thursday, I decided to meet suet li up for dinner in pyramid and try one of the new place that the new wing had to offer. We finally decided on this korean restaurant called che go. Its been a long long while since i had any korean food. And i was particularly thinking of kimchi fried rice or their ja jiang mien. Well didnt see any jia jiang mien or even bulgokgi but at least i saw my kimchi fried rice. The price is not too bad i guess but not by any means cheap. The fried rice taste quite nice but perhaps slightly mild for my liking. The kimchi kick was not really there. Oh well. Other than that there was only perhaps one or two more thing which i might consider trying out. So perhaps won't be going back there too eagerly any time soon.



Now I think i am still not great at this whole photo blogging thing. Laine is really getting to be a pro at it. Just look at the food pictures she take. Damn pro wei. Anyways I only managed to take a picture of my bowl of kimchi fried rice which didnt turn out that great anyways. And no picture of the shop front even. Damn fail. but practice makes perfect i guess, so i shall try taking as much as i can.

Other than that, last Saturday i met up with Suet Li again this time for shopping in the little boutiques in SS15. Even that took us about 3 hrs. So imagine shopping in pyramid. Gosh. I particularly wanted to check out cats whiskers coz it seems they have some nice collection. But maybe i didn't dig hard enough since i only ended up purchasing one top. Wanted to get this other dress which i really liked, but there wasn't a new piece and the display one was not in too great a condition. Wasted. other than that there was some shoes which i liked. But i have alr set my eyes on a pair of red shoes from vincci so i dare not splurge too much. Less i become too over indulgent in shopping. My conscience wouldn't allow that. That and i really should be getting my essentials 1st. Coz i am hopelessly lacking in a nice casual heel, a casual flats and a nice mini tote bag. So it would be crazy and senseless to splurge on indulgence before i got those.

Besides the top i got myself a jacket to wear at work to look smart and stay warm. Total damage was about rm100 not too bad. But the top was slightly steep for rm 50 since its quite simple. But this is what happen when i let the crazy side get the better of me. I just wanted to buy something that day, anything.

And while we were shopping we stumbled across this newly opened dessert shop which sell ice cream top with fresh fruit. The picture for the strawberry ice cream just totally caught our attention. So we had to have it. Like who can resist mounds of strawberries. Well the price was perhaps slightly high though. rm 10 per serving. But we shared so i guess its still ok. Not too bad. I would want to go back to try their mango version. Only managed to capture this one image before we continued endulging. I almost forgot to take the picture. And you can see from the indented ice cream that i have alr started eating ke ke ke.


2 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Blogger lainegal said...

wah....thanks for ur compliment wor (i take it as a compliment even though it may not be one).

secret to taking nice food shots: take them in every possible angle. then, choose only the nice one to upload when u have gone through them later :p

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Y4nG said...

makan ais krim x belanja, apa ni?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home